Aug 16, 2008

kids and leashes

As posted by Beachboy on Punaweb:

"As I await a flight back to Puna at the Honolulu Airport. I tend to enjoy people watching something my grandparents were experts at. But what caught my eyes today was this tourist/father walking around with his daughter. THe daughter appeared to be under 3 of age, I'd guess. But what caught my attention with these two was the leash!!! I hate to see parents who walk their kids on leashes. This is some real disturbing stuff for me! I really, really get pissed off with parents that take this lazy route with their children. I have gotten into the faces of these parents before too. It really breaks my heart to see kids with leashes on them. I mean it's somewhat disturbing for me to see animals on leashes too.

Am I be crazy with this? Or do the majority of you folks agree with me, in that no kid belongs on a leash,...never This kinda crap really ,really bothers me because I love kids so much!"

Well, have you ever stopped to consider that maybe some unruly children belong on leashes? Surely, it's not just for show. When I'm strolling through public places, such as stores, and I see little screeching monsters recklessly careening down the aisles, or (as I witnessed one time at Costco) swinging from an electrical cord hanging from the ceiling, I wish their parents would equip them with choke collars and keep them on a very tight leash. I am a proponent of kids on leashes. That ought to learn them, since it's obvious the parents have no disciplinary control over them otherwise. And for those who point out in disgust that using a leash on a child is akin to "treating them like animals," might I point out that many animals act more civilized than most kids that age that I come across.

If you think that's "real disturbing stuff," then I hope you get a chance to witness what some other people do with leashes in public. Ever heard of "slave/master" relationships?

Mind your own business, Mr. Beachboy.

No comments: