Dec 29, 2005

I'm feeling grey, and a little blue.



I want to get a Siberian Husky pup somewhere along the line, and raise him or her from puppyhood to adulthood. The mere appearance of these very sweet canines just melts my heart. They are incredibly gorgeous. Not to mention, I have felt a remarkably close connection to nearly every one I've met. I seem to have a very close connection to this breed. Whenever I see a husky or similar-looking mix around here, I cannot help but gaze into its marvelous eyes and smile, then give his or her owners a dirty envious glare.

I may not be able to do such a thing for a couple or three years. At the very least, I would want to make sure I'm settled in somewhere for awhile, and have things together enough to commit to raising a dog properly. I would hate to have to move somewhere and "give away" or "sell" my loyal companion. Something does not seem right about that at all.

My mom tells me, "but Hawaii's climate is too hot for such a long-furred dog!"

Arf? Dogs have a panting mechanism for a reason, and I would make sure he/she had plenty of shade to romp or lay around in. I highly doubt the animal would be very uncomfortable. That is if I'm still in Hawaii when I decide to get one.

If for some petty reason I am never able to get a dog of my own, though, at least I can take solace in the fact that I can always adopt a highway.

No comments: